Monday, August 6, 2012

F1b Miniature Puppies are here!


Greetings from Sandy (above)! My seven puppies are here and along with being tired, I'm so happy . It is really true, I smile when Mom comes to check on the puppies and I look so proud! I am diligently licking and feeding the puppies. I didn't even want to go the bathroom for the first six hours after delivery, but Mom eventually made me go.

Prior to the whelping, I got my hair cut  short and my tummy shaved to stay cool and boy did that help with the 90 degree weather in Seattle which is perfect for my newborn pups, but not fun for me! I also enjoyed frozen blueberry greek yogurt and raw frozen treats, before my 24 hour stage one marathon that led to my stage two, 2 and a half hour process of delivering my pups.


As you can see above, my whelping  den (http://www.glendalefarmcollies.com/glendale%20farm%20collies_11102007_1045am_036.htm ) has a fleece that covers it which keeps it dark and warm for my pups. It was the perfect place to give birth to my pups. Mom sat in there with me and I was very comfortable, considering...

Below is a bedraggled picturen of me, right after the pups were born, while their coats were still damp.  The first pup down the shoot was a red/apricot curly male. The second pup to come, 10 minutes later was a larger, curly female.The 3rd pup was a curly cream male. The 4th pup was a curly cream/sand color female. They came really fast, within a little over an hour. Then, the 5th puppy to appear was a honey/golden wavy coat male. The 6th puppy, a male, who came 5 minutes later looked like the 5th puppy's identical twin and also has a wavy coat. The 7th puppy is also a wavy coat male.


 I am hyper protective of my pups, after they are born, for about 2 weeks. I don't mind humans, although Mom wasn't sure how I would do with Mira, her baby. Mira sits quietly and just looks at the puppies and doesn't try to grab them, even though she is 16 months. That works!

However, my doggie mates, Frankie, Daisey and Lucy are not allowed anywhere near the pups and I have them all trained! Frankie and Daisey already know the drill but Lucy didn't. All it took  was some strong communication from me and she got the point! They wait by the door for permission and then travel along the far side of the wall (without looking at me) to go outside to the large fenced yard, to go potty. 

 I also don't like  the camera much right now, so I huddle protectively over them as Mom attempts to take pictures. She is refraining from some close-ups of the pups, until things have settled down a bit! Also, did you notice the safety rails, behind me, that Mom put in the box after birth? This is so I don't accidentally smother one of my pups. Mom also keeps a sharp eye on the pups and checks on them constantly.

The pups currently are all about the same size. Size won't start to differentiate itself until 2-3 weeks. As adults, there will be varying sizes (15 to 25 lbs) since there is 60 lb golden retriever, 30 lb doodle and 15 lb miniature/toy poodle in the lines.

If you are on the list and would like to visit the me or Frankie, that can happen by next week. I would love for you to come and pet me which is my favorite pampering. No touching of the pups is allowed as of yet. Visits to pick your pup will happen during week 4.5 to 5.5. Deposits are now being received to reserve your spot for this litter.  I am guessing the pups will be ready for pick-up, first week of October! Mom will send out emails tomorrow with more info.

Good  night and sweet dreams,
Sandy!

P.S. Mom has been feeding me grass fed eggs, organic cheese, organic chicken broth, healthy hotdogs, and cottage cheese as I recover from delivering 7 puppies. I will be getting raw dog food and softened doggie food tomorrow. My dry food will not be interesting to me for the first few weeks or so! Scrambled eggs and cheese sticks are currently my favorite!

No comments:

Wonderful Doodles available with breeder buddies! F1b miniature doodles, F1 mini and medium doodles with blocky heads !

Happy Fall! This post features amazing colors of red and apricot doodles, in a variety of sizes, with our Breeder Buddies!    Available Nov...

Blog Archive